Why Students FAil in the OBU- ACCA RAP and How to avoid these Common Mistakes
- Be concise and do not exceed the word limit The 7,500 word limit can easily be exceeded if you ramble on about a single issue. The university reserves the right to send your project back to you unmarked i f you fail to meet the word limit. Note that there are individual word limits for different sections of the RAP and you should restrict yourself to these limits .
- Use graphs and other graphical modes of Graphs and charts help you analyse data trends. Tables are a convenient way to display information. Graphs and tables help in presentation and make it easier for the reader to understand your work.. Information in graphs do not form part of the word limit.
- There needs to be evidence of analysis in your project. In case of topic no. 8, simply calculating ratios won’t cut it. You need to provide evidence that you understand what the ratio means and the possible reasons why a ratio improved/worsened. Remember to link an organisations business activities to its financial performance. Ratio analysis is of little use in the absence of comparative information.
- Providing recommendations at the end of your project is a way of demonstrating that you understand the issues affecting the organisation and how they can be dealt with. You can come up with suggestions by studying other companies in the industry. How are they dealing with similar problems?
- Be sure to mention all the sources from where you have derived your information. Your work should be referenced properly using the Harvard system. If you are not referencing someone else work properly, you are plagiarizing it. Plagiarism can results in disciplinary action being taken against you by ACCA.
- Make sure the accounting and business models you are applying are consistent with your project objectives.
- Presentation Avoid using large fonts. Only use italics and bolds when it is appropriate.
IT ONLY TAKES EFFORT AND THE RIGHT MENTORING TO GET YOU A PASS IN THE OBU RAP
Take the first step & Contact me Now! lets Get Started.
I DON’T JUST MENTOR, I INSPIRE…
Azia Allen, ACCA
ACCA Qualified & Registered Oxford Brookes University RAP MENTOR